Tuesday 16 March 2010

Sewing abstinence

I’m grumpy, because I’ve had to cut down on my sewing in order to make my apartment ready for selling. I have dismantled my sewing table, but I can unpack my sewing machine and put it on the kitchen table. Still, a lot of stuff is suddenly hard to get at and I can’t start any big projects anyway. I’m almost done with the lacing holes on my stays, but now I’ve misplaced my awl and all the knitting needles have been packed away. *grumble grumble* Just to have something to do I cut out the pieces for a fitted smock to wear under the medieval gown I want to make. I still want to do the Moy bog gown.

Where does one buy wool suitable for a medieval gown? Handelsgillet has a lovely blue wool that I like and it’s not hideously expensive, but if I can find a good fabric for less I’d be very happy. I don’t have to have a blue gown, but I would like to have a colour that is suitable for the period. I just happen to like blue.

Just because a post is more fun when there’s a picture, here is Page inspecting my now gone sewing-table. Gone for good, because I won’t have room for it after the move, but will have to come up with something new.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kisse! *Blir alldeles salig.* Klappa... *Klappar.*

Nej men, det där var bara en spontan, första reaktion. Jag är svag för allt fluffigt =P

Vad trist att inte ha plats för ett sömnadsbord. Jag har ingen plats jag heller, så jag vet av erfarenhet att det är inte skoj att inte ha något. Lösningen på att rita upp mönster/klippa tyger blir att lägga allting på golvet och sedan kräla omkring som ett småbarn. Inte roligt, helst inte när man får så rysligt ont i höfterna/ryggen efteråt.

The Dreamstress said...

I hope it sells quickly and you can get back to sewing!

Isis said...

Lady Augusta: Visst är hon söt! Men det är inte så farligt me sybordet som det låter. Min pojkvän har ett stort matsalsbord som kommer att bli utmärkt att klippa till vid och jag kommer att ha ett litet bord för bara symaskinen. :-) Jag håller med om att golvet är hopplöst att använda!

Dreamstress: Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...