Wednesday 11 August 2010

Been shopping

Been shopping

My favourite handbag died this summer and looking around I couldn’t find anything I liked. Then I thought that perhaps I could find something more retro on Ebay. I did. Unfortunately I looked around a bit more and have now had a little shopping spree. I’m very pleased to have won this item.
Photobucket

It was sold as a Georgian wig pin, which I doubt- I have never heard of wigs being secured with this method. Rather I think it’s a hat pin and as such I think it is very pretty. Silver, French and dated 1780-1791. I paid £17 and that includes the shipping, so I think I made a good buy.

But what about the bags?

I did indeed find one. Well, I found three… A black patent, that can’t have been used at all.
Photobucket

Brown snake skin, this one and the black one from the 70’s.
Photobucket

And a green one from the 40’s.
Photobucket

Aaaaand 2 ½ yards of a really gorgeous silk.
Photobucket

I’ve paid bargain prices for all of this, so now I’m afraid to go near Ebay again- I may become addicted…

6 comments:

Rowenna said...

Very nice! I love the black patent bag--so very Grace Kelly.

GentlewomanThief said...

Ooh, what a great ebay haul!! I am a sucker for a good bargain, so it's great to see someone else's bargains, too :D But, agreed, it's not a place to go too often! Any plans for the silk??

Lauren said...

Great finds!!!

Isis said...

Thank you all!

I don't know what to do with the silk. I say contemprary skirt. Janne says a waistcaot for him...

Madame Berg said...

Envy, I has it! I love the hat pin, but what did they mean by wig pin? To fasten the wig to your scalp? Aaaaah!

Isis said...

Madame Berg: Yes, one can wonder... And you might touch it, if you behave. ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...