Wednesday 15 September 2010

I want my sewing mojo back!

I realized that I need to finish my embroidered polonaise before I start on the petticoat, as I need to know how the overdress falls on the petticoat before I decide on how to place the embroideries on the petticoat.

Meh.

I have lots of stuff I can work on and I usually feel enthusiastic about something, but no. Perhaps it is tied to the fact that it's a bit chaotic at home right now, as we are having bookshelves built. Tehre's a lot of stuff in my sewing area that doesn't really live there and clutter up and I can't move them until the living room is finished. I hope I feel better when things are in their proper place.

And what do we do when we feel out of sorts? Picspam, of course!
Photobucket

Painted by Per Krafft in 1782, depicting his daughter Wilhelmina. Sweet.

Photobucket

Talk about fur-lined!
Photobucket

I love how you can see the blue petticoat through the sheer white one!
Photobucket

A miniature painter, 1780's or 90's.

2 comments:

Wilhelmina Carlotta Johanna Grafin von Marquart said...

I know how you feel I haven't wanted to sew anything for awhile sigh, it sometimes over takes one wanting to make beautiful things, but then you also have the times you just dont want to pick up a needle and thread....But I hope things get better for you :)

P.S. Loved the painting of another Wilhelmina I love it :)

Isis said...

Thank you!

Yes, it's very sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...